Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Liam's Fight for Sight Fund Raiser Hosted by Valentino's Grand Hair Salon


 Vasile, Kristina (Liams mom) Christine Elliot and George

March 22nd, 2010 was an evening I will never forget.  I donated my time to shoot photos at a fundraiser, hosted by Valentino's Grande Salon, in support of 'Liam's Fight for Sight'.  The night was fantastic!  Master of Ceremonies, Joe Millage & Ken Shaw (CTV News) kept the evening rolling as performances were given by Simone Sioman, an extremely talented visually impaired singer, Brittany King, the Garvin Farr School of Music, PSB Dance Academy and Jordan Ronson.  There was a silent auction and amazing fashion show as well and I had the opportunity to meet a variety of Durham Region community representatives including MPP Christine Elliot.  Brothers and co-owners of Valentino's, George and Vasile, embraced the Reid Family and their fight to raise funds for their visually impaired son, Liam.  I am fortunate in that I have shared in so many wonderful occasions through my photography and having the privilege to shoot the gala fundraiser for Liam is definitely a highlight of my photography career thus far.  

Not to mention Liam is family.  If you would like to know more about Liam's amazing fight and his incredibly strong mom Kristina please visit www.liamsfightforsight.com, or click on the title and it will take you to the site.

Thank you Teresa for an amazing night.


Thanks again to all the wonderful people from Valentino's I had the pleasure to meet, who donated their time and to everyone who came out to support Liam and his family.


David

No comments: